Monday 7 May 2012

A Boob Story with Perfect Endings

I have a slight obsession with taking care of myself. Yes, I'm sure I mean slight. I started "using" bust creams when I was about 17 years old. I didn't know why, but I saw my mom use it, and I visited her cupboard often and it was there. It was new, I had no idea what it was, so I read the entire tube...and squeezed some into my hand, and off I went. Bust cream. Whoohoo. I used it everyday for a week after that first time. To my horror, I broke out. All over my chest. [That's what you get for being over-eager.] I was convinced I could never wear a tank top again, and I was afraid that my mom would start locking her products away after she had told me repeatedly not to use her stuff. (Eye roll). That's what she did when I told her and showed her my chest, she rolled her eyes and laughed at me. She them told me that some things aren't meant for girls and she hoped that I had learnt my lesson. Check


After that I abstained, almost completely, from my mom's cupboard. I used regular body lotion, sometimes Bio Oil, on my décolletage. I always read about products and what they're meant to do and how it works. A lot of the time, I am left disappointed and feeling like I've wasted money. After trying Bio Oil everyday for a while, and breaking out quite similarly to the above story, I decided that perhaps the oil is too rich and went in search of a gel or creme-gel. Clarins Bust Beauty Extra-Lift Gel was next on my list. Did nothing. So here we are. I decided to re-visit the very bust cream that temporarily "ruined my life" a few years ago. (Dramatic much?)
Sh'zen Cellular Boost for Neck and Bust with Pamplemousse and Marula oils
I was/am pleasantly surprised. Firstly, NO breakouts whatsoever. I've been using the Sh'zen Perfect Endings Cellular Boost for Neck and Bust everyday for 2 weeks in upward, sweeping movements, and my decolletage looks more refined and my skin feels smoother. I've also noticed a "fading" of a scar (thanks to my puppy that loves to scratch me). 


I love the fresh, citrus scent. It smells like orange peel, but prettier. The only thing I don't love about it is that  the strong scent may interfere with one's perfume. If you love and wear citrus based fragrances, I'm sure it won't ruin it for you, but I like sweet scents, and can't imagine using the two together. For the last 2 weeks, I've been spritzing my perfume at the back of my neck, to avoid potential clashes. Also, when applying this in the morning, be sure to give it a few minutes to absorb and then apply sunscreen over it. YES, you have to. You know the sunscreen drill! [Resists digression.] It has a light-ish texture, and you need not squeeze out half the tube for adequate coverage.


For those interested in ingredients...it contains the following:
  • Pamplemousse oils - tones&plumps up delicate skin, while firming breasts. Known as lymphatic stimulants&could help with breast tenderness and inflammation.
  • Marula oils - rich in natural antioxidants which help repair damage to skin, also serves as anti-ageing.
  • Shea Butter, Palm adn Sesame oils - deeply penetrating and intensely hydrating qualities. Improves elasticity
I haven't experienced any of the other good stuff such as firming and improved elasticity just yet. Well not that I can tell, anyway. But like I have mentioned before in the post about Clarins' bust gel, I don't have any serious bust issues, but I believe that prevention is better than cure, and hopefully all this busting around with boob products can delay the decline in this delicate area. 



Miss B














No comments:

Post a Comment