Wednesday 15 January 2014

#BeautyTipTuesday: Makeup Removal

I have to apologize about Beauty Tip Tuesday being on Wednesday. Whatthefructose. I had never scheduled a post before, and I scheduled this one and then....nothing. Urgh. Whaddupwiddat.

Today's (Yesterday's) Beauty Tip is about makeup removal.

A good, water-soluble cleanser should remove basic makeup, so why not try cleansing your face first, and if you need to, use a makeup remover on cotton pads afterwards. Obviously, if you wear lots of makeup, and waterproof products at that, you'll need a little help from a fragrance- and colourant-free makeup remover.

I haven't used makeup remover in a long time. I usually just cleanse, and if needs be I do a double cleanse, and then gently "dry" my face with a damp face cloth. I use a white, or very light cloth, for this so that I can see if there are any traces of makeup left, and then make sure it's garwn before slamming into my bed like a dead weight.

Your makeup remover shouldn't have fragrance and colouring agents, as these may likely irritate your skin, and may require additional cleansing to remove. Sounds like too much work for me, y'all. So dampen your face and then gently, but thoroughly, cleanse your skin in quick massage-like movements. Remember to get into that hairline, go right up until your ears, and up your neck (not down your neck, you guys, you work UP your neck). Yes, over your eyes, too. Your cleanser should be gentle enough to use over your eyes. I just heard one of my lecturers tell us "Do you know how many microorganisms live in your brows and lashes?" in my head. Obvs. 

By using your cleanser first (if you even need to use anything after) you minimize that horrible pulling and tugging and dragging motion you do with cotton pads and makeup removal wipes. You need to be far more gentle with your skin, kids. And guess what pulling and dragging and tugging on your skin does? It weakens the elastin fibres, and we know what that means... an increased risk of premature sagging. So be gentle when you cleanse, and be gentle when you remove any remnants of makeup with cotton pads and/or wipes. Don't use your strong hand for this one. ;-)


Miss B


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment